How to Have A Successful College Visit?
Are you excited about visiting a college? Or have you been dragging your feet?
Besides a college essay, College tours have also become an essential stage in the college admission process.
Whether you are planning to apply to one or ten colleges, visiting college is a must. These tours can be the source of both anticipation and anxiety. You need to prepare yourself for both.
Although college visits are important, they are not the only source to get to know the college. So, you do not need to stress yourself over the college visit. Do not put too much pressure on yourself. Think of a college visit as an opportunity to explore and learn if the college has the things that you are looking for.
Prepare yourself for what you need to do before, during and after visiting the college to make the most out of your college visit. Below we have given tips, use them as your guide.
College Visit Preparation
Sit down with your parents, have a discussion of what you are looking for in a college. You and your parents might have a different image of ‘perfect custom college essay’ in mind and that difference might cause a problem while applying or getting admission into the college.
The obvious non-academic questions are
- What college size would be best?
- The college campus should be urban or rural?
- How far you want to go to college?
- How much your parents can pay for your college? Figure out if they can afford your desired college or not?
- How much you need to help your parents with college financing?
College Tours Setup
One way to get a good look at the college, and have the experts available to answer your questions is to attend the information session. The college information sessions are organized for students who want to get admission in the college, to give them brief information about the college.
The other way is to set up a visit through the college’s admission office. The admission officers will set up a meeting time to guide you about the college and be there to answer your queries. You can ask any questions that you have in your mind about custom college essays.
Make sure you visit the college when the college is in the session, it will give you the most realistic impression of the college. Plan how long your tour should be, some students only stay for an hour and others might stay for half or even for a full day.
What to Do on A College Visit?
A lot of things you can expect from a college visit. You need to set up a plan in advance. What you need to do and what you have to ask on a college visit. Below we have provided some tips that you can do on a college visit.
- Attend the information session
- Get into an informational talk about the opportunities available at the college
- Take a tour with current college students, ask them about college culture and academic routines.
- Meet professors of your field of study or the department you are going to get admission in.
- Talk to the admission officer and financial aid officer. It will help you know how much you need to spend on your college.
- Attend a meeting for a college social club.
- Go to the college’s cafeteria, eat at the dining hall.
- Try to spend a day with existing students who are not a member of a college admission society. They will provide you a real image of the college.
Not every college has all of these options, but they will give you an idea of what you can request from a college.